Welcome to Al-Anon Family Groups District 22 – Lancaster/Lebanon. Below you will find some information about district events, as well as Al-anon in general. Feel free to contact us online at this website or call us.
514 University Avenue
Selinsgrove, PA 17879
Selinsgrove is about 90 minutes west of the Pocono Mountain resort areas; about an hour from Harrisburg; about 3 hours from
Philadelphia, Washington DC and New York City; and about 4 hours from Pittsburgh.
Southeast Interim Service Seminar
What is an ISS or Interim Service Seminar? It happens every three years. All those that serve on the state level (district reps, coordinators, officers) that live in a sector of the state plan a workshop together.
The southeast sector, which encompasses AISDV, is holding this event.If you are looking to take your recovery to another level, meet people from the Philadelphia area and hear the experience, strength and hope from those who have practiced the principle of service to enhance their recovery, this is the event for you.
Bring a friend – you won’t regret it! It’s like having a mini convention for $5 in your backyard!
The Al-Anon Family Groups are a fellowship of relatives and friends of alcoholics who share their experience, strength, and hope in order to solve their common problems. We believe alcoholism is a family illness and that changed attitudes can aid recovery. Al-Anon is not allied with any sect, denomination, political entity, organization, or institution; does not engage in any controversy; neither endorses nor opposes any cause. There are no dues for membership. Al-Anon is self-supporting through its own voluntary contributions. Al-Anon has but one purpose: to help families of alcoholics. We do this by practicing the Twelve Steps, by welcoming and giving comfort to families of alcoholics, and by giving understanding and encouragement to the alcoholic.
“Suggested Al-Anon Preamble to the Twelve Steps” Reprinted with permission of Al-Anon Family Group Headquarters, Inc., Virginia Beach, VA
Keep Coming Back!
Feel free to call the Lancaster/Lebanon District 22 phone service who will connect you to an Al-Anon member. Meetings occur daily; check the meeting list to find one closest to you. We recommend that newcomer’s go to six different meetings as close together as possible. If you attend a meeting that doesn’t seem right for you, please try another one. Groups normally meet weekly at the designated time and each meeting has a different focus.
Keep Coming Back, It Works.
We have two newcomer meetings:
Monday @ 8:00 PM
New Beginnings (Informal to 8:00)
Chiques Methodist Church
1215 E. Main St.
(AA upstair @ 8:00, Alanon is downstairs,
to the right end of hall.)
Saturday @ 8:00 PM
Saturday Nite Beginner’s AFG
2340 State St.
(Past AA meeting, in the library.)
More information about Al-Anon:
- Are You Troubled By Someone Else’s Drinking? 20 questions that may help to determine if Al-Anon is for you.
- Did You Grow Up With A Problem Drinker? 20 questions that may determine if alcoholism affected your childhood.
- FAQs about Al-Anon: These are some of the most common questions asked by those who want to know more our fellowship.
- Al-Anon Faces Alcoholism (PDF) : Articles by members who share their experience, strength, and hope and other articles on how the program works.
- Detachment (PDF): What does it mean to detach with love?
- First Steps to Al-Anon Recovery: Audio podcasts from Al-Anon members who share their experience, strength and hope on different topics.
- Using Al-Anon’s Steps in Our Personal Lives: Podcasts from Al-Anon members on how they practice the Twelve Steps.